QUICK CHLODNIK – quick and easy Polish version of this healthy cold borscht by Jola.
Chlodnik (pronounce hwodneeck) it’s a cold borscht, a traditional soup originated in Eastern Europe. This particular recipe is the Polish version. It’s served cold. Chlodnik is rich in vitamins, vegetarian, low in carbs, healthy and refreshing.
- 800 ml of plain kefir or plain buttermilk
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 fresh ground cucumbers
- 1 bunch of radish
- ½ spring onion (also known as a scallions/green onion), finely chopped
- ¼ bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of borscht, can be purchase in Polish/Easter European delicatessen near you.
1. Hard boiled eggs cut into quarters.
2. Cucumbers wash, peel then cut into cubes.
3. Radish wash, then slice.
4. Peel the garlic and chop finely.
5. Spring onion chop finely (shallots and the green part)
6. Place all prepared vegetables in a mixing bowl. Add kefir (or buttermilk), borscht, season to your likening with salt and pepper. Mix. Chlodnik is ready to serve. Simply place in a bowl and garnish with quarters of a boiled egg. Enjoy.
Translated: Violetta Lee
przepis w wersji polskiej: SZYBKI CHŁODNIK